Version 2.2.5, released 05/19/2023
- No longer setting the leader service info for non-primary Leader roles, unless it's a student leader.
- In the Members list, Grades and Club Names are now sorting in a logical order instead of alphabetically.
- Added a Waitlist feature, allowing you to set the max number of registrations that can be submitted before the waitlist kicks in. Any members who are registered outside of the Online Registration (Registered is checked and a date provided within the Role) will also be counted in the calculations.
- On the Club > Year > Handbooks page, when showing the Awards Totals view, you can now set Display Options to show the list of members who earned or possibly will earn awards, under each total for the handbook awards. The list is alphabetized by first or last name, depending on if the "Show last name first" option is checked.
- Added Allergies as a Display Option in the Members list and colored it red to stand out.
- When adding a new member to the database that has the same name and birthdate as an existing member, the warning message will now remind you that you can search for the existing member using the top menu bar's Search button.
- Added Team Leader as a column choice for Club > Today > Awards and Club > Year > Awards. You can now choose to sort by Team Leader, too.
- You can now choose whether to sort the Members list ascending or descending.
- Added an "Include VBS" option to the system settings. If it's checked, a VBS year will show as an option when selecting the Active Year on the Online Registration > Manage Site page. (In the future, it will allow you to set up a new year for VBS.)
- When showing a long label for an Online Registrations's custom field, the label will now wrap instead of showing ellipses.
- On the Online Registration > Manage Site page, a warning message about pre-registrations being read only will now show if the user selects a future year.
- Now showing Club Name on the Online Registration > Pending and Accepted pages.
- If the Student Leader position's In Use flag has been turned off (using the Windows App's Generic Lookup tables), the Web App will no longer show the Other Roles section for potential student leaders in Members > Personal > Edit.
- The Members > Checkin page can now show a read-only list of a member's session information for the entire year. Toggle the view button to switch between the normal Today view and this new Year view. Use the Display Options to choose which columns get displayed.
Version 2.2.4, released 04/27/2023
- Added a way to allow pre-registration, using the next club year before it has been set up.
- Added a 'Has allergies' checkbox to the Online Registration form so that 'Allergic To' is only enabled and required (according to settings) if it's checked.
- Added a School field to the Online Registration form.
- The Online Registration form now can now include Medical Release, Photo Use Permission and Other Permission for the parent to read and sign electronically. You are able to customize the text of each on the Manage Site page once you select it to be visible.
- Any text that parents enter during Online Registration will be updated to mixed case before saving. For example, JOHN SMITH or john smith will become John Smith.
- In order for data entered into the Member record to be more consistent, the Online Registration's Parent(s) Name field is now separated into Parent 1 First Name, Parent 1 Last Name, Parent 2 First Name and Parent 2 Last Name. Those fields are then appropriately combined into a single Parent(s) Name when the registration is saved.
- Added fuzzy logic to Pending registrations to show possible matches when some of the data matches. You can then choose whether or not the registration should be merged into one of the possible matches.
- If the registration and an existing member's last names and birthdates match and the first name matches either first name or preferred name, the pending registration is an exact match and will be merged into the existing member when the registration is accepted.
- If any existing members have the same birthdate and either same first/preferred name OR last name as the registration; OR they have a different birthdate but they have the same first/preferred name AND same last name; then the user will see a list of those possible matches to select from.
- if no names or birthdates match, a new member will be created when the pending registration is accepted.
Version 2.2.3, released 12/09/2022
- Fixed an issue where some printed pages were blank when the printout contained multiple pages.
Version 2.2.2, released 08/17/2022
- If a new role is created during online registration, its primary flag will now get correctly set to true.
- Fixed an issue where club was not getting selected automatically when a grade that wasn't assigned to an age was selected.
- Now showing an error message on the Online Registration Pending page if the club could not be determined by the birthdate/age and gender. This probably means that the grade or club assignments are not set up correctly, so the message prompts you to contact support so we can help get it straightened out.
Version 2.2.1, released 06/26/2022
- Fixed an issue where the Pending page's buttons weren't getting updated appropriately after edits.
- When you add a new role to an Archived member on the Personal page, it can now populate the Check-in page correctly, without a refresh.
- Added an Is Active checkbox and Inactive Message field within the Online Registration's Manage Site page. This allows you to control whether or not the Online Registration site is available for parents to fill out.
- Now providing a list of valid church names to choose from when editing a Pending Registration.
Version 2.2.0, released 06/24/2022
- Fixed an issue where the Carrier dropdown menu could potentially not show when the Ok to Text box was checked.
- Fixed an issue where the app would throw an error if a member that was created within the Household Module was shown within the Member Module's Personal tab before a refres.
- Added the Online Registration Module which allows parents to register their children for Awana online. The church can customize the website that parents will see, then give them a url for registering. Pending registrations can be accepted as is or can be edited and merged with existing data.
Version 2.1.0, released 01/06/2022
- Fixed an issue with Net Points not getting calculated correctly in the Member List when the member had multiple roles/clubs.
- No longer including Points Spent in a member's Session Point calculation.
- Now preventing duplicate awards from being created when multiple sections are marked as completed quickly.
- Fixed an issue where OkToText and Carrier info was not being cleared when a member's Contact Type was switched from being Cell Phone.
- Added the Households Module which shows a list of households. A selected household will show general household info, contact info and member info within the Info tab. You can also add a new member to the household or reassign a member to a different household within the Info tab. The Ledger tab shows the household's Fees and Payments for the selected Club Year. You can add, delete or modify the fees and payments within the Ledger tab, including waiving fees within the Fee Dialog and zero'ing out a household's ledger balance within the Payment Dialog.
- Added a global search button in the top menu bar to allow searching for a member by name without using filters and affecting the Member List.
- There are now display options for DB Users so you can show or hide Active and/or Inactive users, along with sorting and displaying selected info.
- Added sort options to Club > Year > Handbooks and to Club > Year > Awards.
- The Members > Personal tab's read-only Household Info section now has Household and Other Member links (if you have permission to see it). Click on the household filing name to go to the Household Module's Info page. Click on a member's name to show all their details.
- All of the various Display Options dialogs now have a Save button with popup options (if you have admin permissions) that allow you to set the options as the system default so that any users who don't have their own display options set will use them. You can also choose to delete any existing user's options to force them to use the default ones until they override them again.
- Now showing the book completion date when editing a completed book.
Version 2.0.3, released 08/30/2021
- No longer allowing a role's club name to be null, even if the role is Inactive or Archived, since this causes other issues down the road with editing roles and session records.
- Fixed the issue with not being able to add a new Church, School, Team Name or Role Position when there weren't any initially to choose from.
- When adding a new member, if you type something in the Church or Team Name field then delete it, you will no longer get an error message after clicking the Add button.
- When setting up a new year, the club year that gets derived will now always add one year to the start date instead of using the end date's year. (So, if you skip a year and just need to create a "dummy" year to handle promotions, you can now add a couple of weeks to the year and the club year will still look normal.)
Version 2.0.2, released 08/25/2021
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app logo from getting saved as the icon on phone and tablet home pages, when "Add to Home Screen" feature was used.
- Made some adjustments to the icon saved on device home pages, so that it fits and looks good with any of the various shapes and sizes.
Version 2.0.1, released 08/24/2021
- The Personal page (in read and edit mode) will now load correctly for a member who does not have any roles.
- Fixed an issue with updating the role type in a new role for a previously archived member.
- Made some changes so that reloading the app after a version change should always work as expected post-2.0.1. Note, if nothing happens when clicking the login button, refresh the app then try again. Or, if it seems like the app is in an endless loop with the dialog popping up to reload a new version of the app, just let the dialog stay up for 3-5 seconds before clicking the Ok button. That will allow the cache to be cleared before loading the app again. This wait will not be necessary in the next release, given changes in this version. If neither of those work, clear your browser's cache and try again -- that seems to always fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Version 2.0.0, released 08/19/2021
We've rewritten the entire app using the latest web technology, which has increased performance and will allow for quicker development in the future. While we have done our best to eliminate any bugs in this rewrite, there is a chance we have introduced some issues. Please let us know if you find something that is no longer working how you'd expect. These are bug fixes and improvements that were made during this rewrite, since version 1.6.15.
- The user menu now updates correctly if the current user's first name is changed from within the My Account dialog or within the Edit page in DB Users.
- If a DB User is edited and becomes Inactive, the "Became inactive" date is now displayed correctly.
- Points Spent are no longer inaccurately deducted from the session's Points. (Points Spent should only affect a member's Net Points.)
- Points are immediately updated for attendance that is automatically marked, due to handbook sections or other check-in items being marked.
- When setting up a new year, the "Include TK" and "Default TK" checkboxes will now default to the previous year's settings, if available.
- Archiving a member who has multiple roles via the Delete Member no longer causes an error.
- If the member with multiple roles is deleted, all roles will now be removed from the list so it no longer hangs.
- If archived members are showing in the member list and the last member in the list is archived, the member will now stay selected.
- The DB User's Delete button is now disabled when the currently logged in user is selected, to prevent error messages from popping up.
- Now preventing the last active admin user from getting deleted or from becoming inactive or non-admin.
- Now preventing '/' in a club name when setting up a New Year so won't get errors when it's used in file paths.
- No longer see black blocks sometimes when printing the Member List using Safari.
- Your DB User list will now be updated with a user's latest data when it is selected, in case it was changed by another user.
- The correct Last Logout date is now displayed immediately when the "Log User Out" button is clicked for a DB User.
- The layout on small screens for the Club > Year > Handbooks page looks better.
- Now updating the Household Filing Name when a member's first or last name changes, for the Windows App to use